Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Last Night at Nepomuk's

Sunday we got up and had breakfast again. We kind of laid around until noon, went to McDonalds to bum some more wifi, then had the brilliant idea to go for a run.

Matt is trying to run like 600 miles by the end of the year or something crazy like that so I thought it would be fun. But let me say this: I do not run, I have never ran, and I do not enjoy running. Did that stop me? NEIN!

I want to start running but after about 100 ft I was done. Haha It was cold, my chest hurt and I think the altitude had something to do with it also. I told Matt and Nathan to go ahead and I would meet them on the way back. I would alternate walking and jogging and eventually they turned around and we met in the middle.

Nathan showed us this awesome hill that has a zigzag path going upward, in the meantime my left knee has been bothering me since Philadelphia, this did not help.
The view was great though!

I then went back to the apartment while they kept going. Once they got back we all went to Magic Pizza. It was pretty good but super thin. I had a great time, I try really hard to not be a loud obnoxious American over here but I cannot help but laugh really loud when the three of us are together.
Me and Nathan
The slices are MASSIVE, I didn't even finish mine! And it was only 3.50 Euro!

We again went back to McDonalds for about two hours and then decided to call it a night because we had to move into our dorms the next day. We were in bed by 21:00 (everything is military time over here).

The night before, two American girls had moved into the room next to us, Rachel and Cathleen. This night two guys from South Korea were also in their room.
(This was our McDonalds run with them, all of us on our computers! haha
Me, Cathleen, and Rachel

SO! Matt and I were in bed by 21:00. Then I woke up, felt like I had slept forever and could not go back to bed so I got up to see what they were doing. Eating sausage and bacon with chopsticks and drinking whiskey is what they were doing. So of course I could not go back to bed after that! Oh and turns out I had only been sleeping for an hour!

The Korean guys were hilarious, their English was not great because their accents were so thick but we could figure most of it out. They told me my accent was different from the other two girls (from Illinois). They thought I was from Birmingham, in the UK, weird. And one of the other girls said she could hear the Na’lens in my voice. I told them I blamed my parents for having me live in Elizabeth City, New Orleans, and Cape May before the third grade, southern, cajun/creole, and jersey during my formative years? How could you not expect me to talk funny? I should be thankful more damage was not done! haha

Matt also got up at some point and we did not go to our beds until around 3 am, then we laughed for another thirty minutes and finally fell asleep.

2 comments:

  1. All we do is walk around IBK and laugh.. all day. Living the life! Gute Nacht.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the computer picture! funny stuff.
    will you post that to facebook also?
    see you in the morning

    ReplyDelete