Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tummy Ache? Drink Schnapps.

So I have been a horrible Blogger lately and I apologize. I promise to be better!!

Nothing too exciting happened the rest of that week, I just finished up my Austrian Society and Culture class and hung out with friends over the weekend.

It is so odd to me that America is basically the music capital. There is Austrian music but no one really listens to it, the radio plays all American music, old songs new songs, everything.

So on Friday night I decided to meet Keri upstairs in her community kitchen to have a quite night in. She is on the fourth floor and I am on the second floor. As I open the door to the stairs I can hear what sounds like choir practice. All I could think was who in the world is in their dorm on a Friday night singing?

As I make my way up the stairs it gets louder. They must be on the fourth floor.

I get to the door of the kitchen and realize it is the guys Keri is hanging out with, singing their little hearts out to the Backstreet Boys. Seriously? Hahahaha

It was so random. I was a little shocked. These three boys are all from Austria, born and raised, and can repeat every word of about five Backstreet Boys songs. Very very random.

So I stayed up there for the rest of the night and laughed, hysterically, for hours.

Saturday morning I went back to the store with Emily, Jen, and Keri, there was a dog there. It made me so sad. I keep seeing dogs everywhere and I feel horrible for leaving Tucker, I wish he was here with me, I miss him so much!! I just do not want him to think I abandoned him : (

So it was a depressing walk back to the dorm. I wonder if the dorm would notice if I flew him over here, hmmmmm.

Sunday I did laundry, of course the dryer was broken and I had to cover my room in wet clothes, wall to ceiling, every heater in the dorm, clothes, everywhere. At least I saved a Euro!

After that fiasco Keri, Matt, Johanna, and I went to an authentic Austrian restaurant. Johanna figured the whole thing out, because it was Sunday and pretty much everything is closed. She picked a little place up on the mountain, which was so cute!



We tried Spaetzle, it is basically flour and egg dropped into boiling water, it then forms little balls and then they cover it in cheese. I could not finish it, not even close. I was feeling sick before we even left the table. Johanna told me to drink Schnapps because it would help my stomach ache but I decided to stick with tums.





Getting back down the mountain was interesting. The roads are super narrow and she had to back down a road, it was a very intense, narrow, close call, moment for all of us!

When I got back to the dorms everyone told me to drink schnapps for my stomach.

I took tums and called it a night. Haha

Monday I began packing for Prague! I probably would have never gone to Prague if Ally had not asked me to go. I had no desire to go, I did not even really know anything about Prague. But it was a trip and I had not gone anywhere yet.

I packed up my bags and tried to get to bed early for my exciting FIRST train ride ever the next day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment