Monday, February 28, 2011

Its Time Ti-Rol Out!

Saturday morning we woke up at 10:30 so we would not miss our free breakfast downstairs.

Matt and I threw on jeans and went down stairs, which is a café that everyone is welcome to, but guests eat free, we were taken to a back room that had tables already set for guests with cereal, milk, rolls, and jellies. We ordered hot chocolate, and dug in. The server brought over cake also, a country that openly eats cake for breakfast? This is awesome!



One thing I have noticed is everyone is really nice but the service in a restaurant is much different from the states, the server rarely comes around because they think they are bothering you, and it takes FOREVER to get anything you ask for. But the food is pretty good.

Then we went back to sleep. I set my alarm for 11:30 but hit snooze a few times, before I was woken up by a woman coming in to change our garbage. I needed to get up anyway.

I also took some more pictures of the Hostel, kitchen, toilet (with random baby picture behind it) and Matt in our miniature shower! I have no idea how Austrians shower like this.





So today we walked the city! Our first priority was to set up cell phones. Matt: Success! Megan: FAIL! I am going to wait and see the best deal I can get because I do not have a phone compatible with the sim cards here. I do have my ipod so whenever I can steal wifi, I do.

Then we started walking around and taking it all in. The great thing about Innsbruck is the window displays, everything in the window is listed at the bottom, with the price! Which saved me going into about 10 stores because I am not paying 320 Euro for a coat.

We eventually stumbled upon the Inn River. AHH!!!! It is just like all the pictures on google!! And there was a man fly-fishing! The water was sooo clear, people were everywhere, even eating outside, in the 32 degree weather!






Which reminds me, yes it is 32 but it does not feel that cold, there is no wind, my theory is the mountains block it out, but it makes such a difference!

We took pictures all day long so here are some more..



Oh and we found this along the way! MegaN!!

Another thing I LOVE about Innsbruck is how dog friendly it is. Dogs are allowed in stores, gas stations, restaurants, the mall, everything! The majority of them are not even on leashes. Every dog I have seen so far has been so well trained. I snapped a picture of this guy because he reminded me of Tucker!

Then we decided to find the H&M, we found Sill Park, which is the mall here, we both made some great purchases. I found an amazing jacket, two hair bows, and a bracelet and only spent 40 Euro!

I also found something interesting. There is no longer an excuse for european men in banana hammocks, I have proof that the do sell swim trunks! Yes they are hideous, but they exist!!

This is for Steven, I had to take a picture! haha



Next we stopped by a convenience store to get some food because nothing is open here on Sundays, it is like a family day, so only a few restaurants and one grocery store across town is open.

The stores here do not give you bags, you have to bring one with you or pay for a paper bag. Matt and I came prepared. No worries!! Or Passt as the Austrians say!

We went back to the hostel and then to McDonalds again for the internet, which was down. So the man hunt for internet began, took about an hour and ultimately ended at McDonalds, where the wifi was now working.

But in the mean time we took more pictures, haha



We didn’t do much that night, we wanted to catch up on sleep. Nathan came over for a little while and Matt made some pasta and tea, and we fell asleep!

1 comment:

  1. Had a blast this weekend being your roomie! So many more fun times to come. "It's time Tyrol outta here!" Glad we are getting settled in at our apartments. See you tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete