Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Still Haven't Had Bad Cheese

Monday We had our last breakfast at Nepomuk’s!! Packed up all of our things and met up with Johanna (The best MCI Buddy anyone could possibly get) and headed over to my dorm to move in. I was soo nervous!

Originally I was assigned a two person normal dorm room with a bathroom we would share and then the kitchen would be down the hall that 15 people share.

When I checked-in and went up to my dorm I ended up with practically an apartment! My room is huge, I feel like I should have packed more to fill it, my roommate has her own room and the two of us share a kitchen, dining room, bathroom, and there is also some space in the middle of everything.


And the view from my room is the best part!


My roommates’ name is Diana and she is from Argentina! I seriously need to learn Spanish. What are the chances of me moving to Austria and still being next to someone whose native language is espanol?

So I threw all of my things in my room and we all headed back to Nepomuk’s to go move Matt in. His dorm is a lot smaller and on the complete other side of town. I think I like his better though, his room is so cozy, mine is huge and feels empty. And we didn’t meet any of his neighbors but judging from the things we saw hanging in the kitchen it sounds like he is in the place to be!



Next stop, IKEA! I loaded up on all of the necessities and still managed to only spend around 200 Euro.

Then we went to the mall right across the street to grab some lunch. Which was delicious! The cheese here is amazing, everything I have had so far, the burger the first night, the magic pizza, and now this, cheese makes everything better, and it is great here. I have also learned, the closer you get to Italy the better the Italian food is, I say this is a fact.

Then it was on to our own dorms to unpack and get everything in order. I was so sad! It was my first time alone since being here. I missed Matt already!

Diana found a converter for my macbook that someone had left here and helped me set up my internet. Later on I unplugged it to charge my phone and when I went to plug my computer back in I could not get the converter out of the power strip I put it in. Why I put it in there I have no idea, but it was a big mistake.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to get it out, I had a skype date with Steven planned for later and my computer was about to die so I HAD to get it out. I finally did and then I plugged my computer into it and put it in the wall, which then started to spark, a lot. So I grabbed the cord and pulled it out, which left the converter in the wall. I stared at it for about 5 minutes, wondering if I was in the process of burning down the building. I finally worked up the courage to just rip it out of the wall.

I’m alive! Yayy!

Unfortunately, I only talked to Steve for about two minutes before my computer died.

Then fell asleep, without Matt there to entertain me with songs from musicals, German podcasts, or stand up comedians.

No comments:

Post a Comment