Sunday, March 13, 2011

MCI, I love you.

Tuesday was a very different day here in Innsbruck, it was Carneval. Carneval is kind of like Halloween, everyone dresses up in costume and has a MASSIVE party in the city center. There was a stage, bands, kids with silly string, tons of alcohol, and a thousand people.

Here are some pictures of me, Keri, and her friend out at Galway Pub and Hofgarten.




One thing I noticed was while I was out that night was that there were already street cleaners picking up the mess by 2 am. By the time I went to school the next day you had no clue it was a disaster area the day before. Way to get things done Innsbruck, I know some cities in America that could use a lesson.

Speaking of school, my dad emailed me asking what my school looked like so here are a few pictures of the view from one of the classrooms, the inside of the room, the church visible from the other side of the school, and the outside of the school.





So the next day was the PERFECT day at school. While nursing our hangovers from Carnival, we made it to school on time, which just happened to be 1:00 pm that day. How perfect was that?

Anyway our assignment in class that day was to go to a traditional Austrian coffee café and drink a coffee and try some cake. So that’s what we did! It was so cute, they even had a little patio area to sit out back and we could hear roosters crowing out there while we were eating. It was absolutely darling!




After class I finally found a backpack! I have been looking for one for about a week now. I just needed something small for school and when I go into town. I am in love with this bag!

After that Keri and I decided we would go to the Tirolean dinner put on by ERASMUS. (A student exchange organization) But first we went to Moustache café to get a “toast” in case we did not like the Tirolean food. Haha

Then we headed over for the dinner, there were so many people there! The dinner was not great, we got to eat off of a buffet that consisted of cheese spaetzle, ham and cheese spaetzle, and mushroom spaetzle. Spaetzle, from what I was told, if a mixture of egg and flour and they drop it into boiling water to form these little pasta looking things and then they cover it in cheese. It was so heavy after five bites I could not eat anymore.


After dinner we were told not to leave because they had a surprise for us. By surprise they meant that we were all going to sing a song from our country. Every country had a drinking song or fun song, for some reason Keri, Emily, and I could not think of a good song that we knew the words to. So what did we end up singing? I am not proud of this…



“I’m a Little Teapot”

1 comment:

  1. I'm on my way out the door to go to rehearsal, but I just wanted you to know I have EVERY intention of coming back and catching up on your blog... and I just skimmed through the titles just now, and let me tell you, when I was in Austria, I ate weiner schnitzel like it was goin' outta style!!

    ReplyDelete