Sunday, February 27, 2011

We Are Theives

Our hostel is right across from the “Golden Roof” or Goldenes Dachl and in the middle of the city, adorable.

I am not sure how old this building is but I will find out. We have to unlock three separate doors to get to our room, which is not numbered but named, Felix.


And the doors are hardcore thick old wooden doors with metal locks, I feel like I am living in the past in this building. I love it, Matt and I wish we could just stay here for the six months.




We got the bags inside and I was starving since I had not eaten since Chick-Fil-A. We found a little bar and walked to the very back. You more than likely seat yourself here, I am pretty sure they do not bother hiring a hostess and they all have smoking and non-smoking sections. Also, you may not see a waitress for 15 minutes after being seated, they do not have sections like in the states, they just have to realize you are there. She eventually came around and took our order, which was difficult, if not for Johanna I have no idea what we would have done, the entire menu was in German.

I ordered a Cheeseburger that had pineapple and cheese on it, it came with pickles on the side too, the pickles were great and the burger was delicious!



We made our way over the McDonalds so I could steal internet and tell every one that I got here safely, there was a very creepy man in there, an employee, that kept staring Matt and I down. I have a feeling they don’t want us using the internet unless we buy something… noted. I considered grabbing the dirty tray next to me so it looked like I ate already but I didn’t want the Austrians to think I was weird.

We went back to the hostel I took an hour nap, super intense, best nap I ever got with a cold medicine, except without the cold or the medicine.

Later we met up with Johanna, and Matt’s friend Nathan, that has lived here for a year and a half and teaches English to Austrian students, and went over to an Irish pub. They had JACK! YES! I was worried haha. We had a few drinks, talked, took some pictures, and called it a night.

Well, kind of, we all went to McDonalds for some food and they have curly fries here!!! And they come with this sour cream sauce that is amaaaaazinggg, they also do not have sweet tea but a peach tea that is great. Do not expect ice though. When I asked Johanna about the ice situation her response was, it is cold enough already. HA The menus here are also a little different, image wise, they are super clear and mostly pictures...


Matt, Nathan, and I ended up consumed in “The Stuff White People Like”, and “Dirty German” until 3am. Matt made some mint tea in that process and I blame him for the unexpected energy.


More to come, tschuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment