Friday, October 29, 2010

PASSPORT

I went to Largo yesterday to go to dinner with my mom and I decided to get my passport while I was in town. I went to the Clerk of Court, which I did not need an appointment for. So it was perfect.

I got there around 12:45, took a number, and sat down. There were only two people in front of me. Side Note: The Clerk of Court even on a Monday afternoon can be a scary place, full of minor traffic offenders to angry dirt bags having to pay back child support. Anyway, I get up to the desk and realize I have to pay with a money order. I was sent to an Amscot across the street.

I get to Amscot. Let me remind you I have never had to get a money order before in my life. I hand the man my debit card who looks at my like I am crazy. Then proceeds to tell me you have to have cash for money orders and directs me to the ATM in the corner of the room. So I get out $140, pay for my two money orders, one for $110, and one for $26. I am not sure why they are split up this way but they are.

I go back to the Clerk of Court and wait in line again. This time there were about six people in line. It went by a little slower this time. But I finally made it up there. The woman that was helping me was very nice but I have a feeling she was not exactly sure of what she was doing. She went to the other woman for help a few times, but we finally finished everything. The only thing that made me nervous was that fact that they stapled my birth certificate to the passport application.

I will be stressing out until I get my birth certificate back in the mail, but at least I have officially applied for my passport!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about your upcoming travels, that's soo awesome! I read your post about Tucker and I know exactly how you feel!!! Your pictures of him were ADORABLE!!!! I miss my animals back home sooo much. It's hard being away from them, but I ichat with my cat a lot, so I'm sure Tucker will pick up on that very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He better! I dont know what I am going to do without him!

    ReplyDelete