Sunday, May 1, 2011

STRESSING

There are a lot of posts I need to catch up on but I have been having too much fun lately! Plus I have to wait for the pictures from Ally.

Ally and I have been spending a lot of time traveling. Like actually traveling, so this means hours and hours and hours spent sitting on buses, trains, planes, and subways.

During this time we eat things that are horrible for us, listen to our ipods, and stare out the window. So I have been doing a ton of thinking lately.. about EVERYTHING.

But mostly about what in the world am I going to do when I get back to the states. I have one semester left and I graduate in December. My classes are only Mondays and Wednesdays so I will have plenty of time to do.. something.

I am going to move in with my dad when I get back so I can get on my feet with money again. My dilemma is internship or job.

My entire life I have been worried about making money, well since I was sixteen anyway, and I kind of regret all of it. I wish I would have focused more on school, I mean I am about to graduate and I feel completely unprepared. I spent my first two years of college learning nothing I will need in the future and the last two years learning things I should have retained. I have learned a lot at Rosen, my memory is just horrible and I get nervous thinking I will get into a position and have no clue what to do.

Rosen requires that you do three semesters worth of internships in order to graduate so that you have experience. My major is events but all of my internships were at the front desk. I learned a TON with Marriott, things I will be able to use in events for sure, I just wish I had taken other opportunities that might not have paid as much but I would have much more experience in events by now.

Which brings up my next point.. events. The possibilities are endless. I have really been leaning towards sporting events, like working for a hockey team, football team, baseball team, golf company, anything sports related but hockey is really the only one of those sports that I love. I would want to do an internship with the Lightning but I don't know that they would appreciate my love for the Flyers. haha

But the more thinking I have been doing on buses, planes, trains, and automobiles, I am not sure I want to jump into sports right away. I love music and concerts, not even major concerts but bands that are just starting to get on their feet and playing at the smaller venues.

So when I get back to Orlando maybe I could find a job downtown at a small venue or something like it. I could also find an event company to intern for, or a golf course, or Amway arena, I could even try for the lightning and keep my flyer-ness hidden.

Soooo much to think about!!

On top of everything I haven't done any school work since being in Innsbruck. I have a project and a paper due tomorrow, another paper in a few weeks, oh and another project for customer relations.

I should probably go do those things now.

Thank you to everyone that read my venting session.

Dublin, Galway, Belfast, Edinburgh and Salzburg updates coming soon!!

1 comment:

  1. SO excited for your Dublin post! I've always wanted to go to Ireland. I loved this post, cause it was so honest and exxxactly what I'm going through right now. Except that I'm not about to graduate.. I've got a ways to go with that :( more loans, yay! But I'm looking at internships/job possibilities now too, because school is making me busy and insane!!!! and I want to try something! haha. Very cool that you've been doing a lot of traveling.

    ReplyDelete